Hot Tamale Maple Cinnamon Popcorn
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 6 servings
Better than the corn syrup-filled candy box, this popcorn has maple-cinnamon sweetness, cayenne spiciness and is altogether addicting.
- 4 teaspoons Frontier Organic Maple Syrup Granules
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 10 cups freshly popped popcorn
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons water
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees and coat a large baking sheet with butter.
2. Combine maple syrup granules, butter, water, sugar, cinnamon, cayenne and salt in a saucepan. Working quickly, heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until fully dissolved and bubbly.
3. Drizzle popcorn with maple hot tamale sauce.
4. Spread mixture on prepared baking sheet and bake in oven for 30 to 40 minutes, tossing and stirring every 10 minutes until topping is set and shiny. Turn out onto parchment paper to cool.