Juniper Berry Citrus Gin Fizz Cocktail
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 5 mins
- Makes: 2 servings
A simple, refreshing gin fizz cocktail featuring the subtle flavors of juniper berries and rosemary paired with a zip of winter citrus.
- 1 tablespoon Frontier Organic Whole Juniper Berries 1.28 oz.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, divided
- 4 fluid ounces citrus juice (grapefruit, orange or lemon)
- 3 fluid ounces gin
- Club soda, to finish
1. In a small saucepan over high heat, combine water, sugar, chopped juniper berries and 1 sprig rosemary. Bring to a boil, stirring often, then reduce to a simmer and let cook for 4 minutes. Remove from heat, strain and let cool.
2. In a shaker, combine citrus juice, gin and 4 teaspoons simple syrup. Strain into 2 glasses filled with ice and finish with club soda and sprigs of rosemary.
For a deep red-orange color, try using blood oranges.Fresh-squeezed citrus juice works best. Try a combination of whatever citrus you might have on hand or what’s fresh or in season.