Lemon Pepper Zucchini Cakes with Tzatziki
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Fried zucchini cakes make a delicious vegetarian meal and provide an easy way to get your veggies in. Well-seasoned and full of lemon pepper flavor, these cakes (similar to fritters) are crispy on the outside, but tender on the inside. They can be served on their own or with our Lemon Pepper Tazatziki Sauce.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Parsley Leaf Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Pepper Fusion Black Pepper with Lemon Grinder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 2 large zucchini, grated and squeezed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus flour for coating
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, for pan frying
1. In a large bowl, combine zucchini, green onions, parsley, paprika, cayenne, Parmesan cheese, flour, Pepper Fusion, sea salt and eggs until well combined.
2. Place large spoonfuls of batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and sprinkle with flour. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, covered.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Place cakes in the skillet, cooking each side until golden brown (about 3 minutes).