Lemon Pepper and Herb Chicken and Rice Soup
- Total Time: 1 hours 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 4-6 servings
Classic chicken and rice soup brought to life with lemon pepper, rosemary, parsley and thyme.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Rosemary Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Parsley Leaf Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Thyme Leaf
- 1 cup Frontier Organic Vegetable Soup Blend
- 1/3 cup Frontier Chili Powder Seasoning Blend
- Frontier Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 cups water
- 3/4 cup long-grain brown rice
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-low heat, about 325 degrees.
2. Rub chicken with lemon pepper, herbs and olive oil. Place chicken on grill or grill plan and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes per side, until done.
3. Remove and let cool enough to handle. Shred or cut chicken into small pieces.
4. In a pot over medium-high heat, combine broth powder, water, soup vegetables, rice and chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer an cook 40 to 45 minutes, until rice is tender. Taste and add additional spices if desired.
5. Garnish with lemon pepper and parsley. Serve hot.