Lemon Vanilla Bean Cream Soda
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
The subtle tang of real lemon fruit elevates the luxurious sweetness of natural vanilla in this refreshing cream soda.
1. Place water in pan. Juice and peel 1/2 a lemon (leaving behind the white pith) into water in pan.
2. Split vanilla beans and add to water in pan.
3. Bring pot to boil, reduce to simmer, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Turn off heat, add sugar and stir until dissolved. Cover and let steep until cool, about 1 1/2 hours.
5. Strain liquid through a fine mesh sieve, then through one or more coffee filters into a clean, sterile jar. Store concentrated extract in refrigerator for up to three months.
To mix Use a 16 ratio of concentrate to sparkling water for a subtly sweet beverage. Adjust the ratio for more or less sweetness according to your personal dietary preferences and desired taste.