Lemon and Thyme Veggie Marinade
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
This marinade featuring lemon, garlic and thyme makes almost all vegetables happy. Once you have it down, experiment by switching out herbs and spices to explore new flavors.
1. Zest the lemon, taking the yellow zest but not the white pith.
2. Juice the lemon, discard remaining peels.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients, including lemon zest and juice.
4. For vegetables cooked on a skewer Use a pastry brush to lightly coat with the marinade. As with any oil-based marinade on the grill, use sparingly to avoid flare-ups. More can be added during cooking if needed, or even afterward as a dressing.
5. For vegetables cooked in a grill basket Toss in a bowl adding a little marinade at a time until all vegetables are lightly coated. Again, add sparingly at first to avoid flare-ups.
6. Grill quickly over high heat. Move around to avoid flare-ups caused by dripping marinade.
Makes 1 cup.