Mediterranean Salad Bowl
A refreshing Mediterranean salad bowl recipe packed with farro, tomatoes, Greek olives, artichoke hearts, red bell pepper, cucumber and feta cheese, then brought to life with organic garlic powder, black pepper and fresh mint leaves.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Oregano Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Coarse Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups pearled farro, cooked and drained
- 1 cup quartered Campari tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Greek olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced seedless cucumber
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, freshly crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, minced
- Toasted pita chips, for serving
1. Prepare the dressing. In a glass container with a lid, combine oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic powder, pepper, salt and sugar. Shake vigorously until the oil emulsifies into the vinegar, creating a cloudy dressing.
2. In a large bowl, place cooked farro and pour half of the prepared dressing over the top, then toss well.
3. Arrange the tomatoes, olives, artichokes, bell pepper and cucumber on top of the dressed farro. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the top of the salad. Garnish with feta cheese and fresh mint leaves. Serve with toasted pita chips.