- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 5 mins
- Makes: 2 servings
This veggie-packed omelet is full of zesty Mexican flavor. Creamy, yet crunchy, this hearty vegetarian omelet offers a filling breakfast or brunch with a spicy zing.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Mexican Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 cup Frontier Organic Onion Flakes
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 3 sweet banana peppers
- 1 sliced red chili pepper, seeds and stem removed
- 1 cup grated cheese (cheddar, Swiss, or other favorite)
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
1. Blend together eggs, cream, and Mexican Seasoning.
2. In small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter. Sauté onions and sweet peppers until soft. Remove from heat.
3. In a large skillet, melt remaining oil and butter. Pour egg mixture into large skillet and cook over low heat. With spatula, loosen edge of omelet and let uncooked egg run under. When nearly cooked through, sprinkle onions, sweet peppers, chili peppers, and cheese on half of the eggs. Fold in half and cover until cheese is melted. Top with sauce and yogurt.