Mexican Pulled Pork Taco Filling
- Total Time: 1 hours 35 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 14 servings
These Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos create a delicious fiesta of flavor for dinner.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Thyme Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Marjoram Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Ground Chipotle Pepper
- 2 Frontier Organic Bay Leaf
- 1 pound Russet potatoes (2-3), peeled and diced
- 1 onion, cut in half
- 2 pounds pork loin
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pound spicy chorizo sausage
Place diced potatoes in cold, salted water, bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, set aside.
Place pork, halved onion, garlic and bay leaves in a large pot, cover with cool water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, about 40 minutes. Skim fat as it comes to the surface and discard. Remove pork from water, and set aside to cool.
When cool enough to handle, pull pork apart with hands or use 2 forks to pull apart. Set pulled pork aside.
Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, discard the rest.
Cook chopped onion in a sauté pan until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add pulled pork, tomatoes and Chipotle powder. Cook until the tomatoes start to break down; about 5 minutes. Add the Spicy Chorizo Sausage and potatoes to the pan, stir well. Stir in vinegar, thyme and marjoram.
Continue to cook until some of the liquid evaporates.