Mini Curry Frittatas with Root Vegetables
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 10 servings
The complex flavor of curry powder complements earthy root vegetables in this easy-to-serve, miniaturized version of the classic brunch favorite, a frittata.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Using a grater, shred the potatoes. Place in a cheesecloth or a sieve and squeeze/press out any extra liquid. Repeat with the carrots, then the beets. Toss ingredients together.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in potato mixture and cook until tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Line 10 muffin cups with parchment paper or liners. Divide potato mixture evenly into the spots. Crumble feta on top.
5. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, curry powder and sea salt. Pour egg mixture over the ingredients in the muffin cups.
6. Bake until the egg mixture has set and domed and is lightly browning, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.
Yields 10 mini frittatas, 4 to 5 servings