Molasses Spice Cookies
- Total Time: 22 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
These molasses cookies are a chewy, soft, melt-in-your-mouth treat full of holiday nostalgia. Sprinkled with sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves, these cookies are sweetly delicious -- from the first bite to the last -- and make a delightfully festive Christmas dessert.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Ginger Root 1.50 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cloves 1.90 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt 5 lb
- 3/4 teaspoon Frontier Baking Soda Powder 1 lb
- 3/4 cup Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar 5 lb.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon 1.90 oz.
- 3/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 3 teaspoons vanilla yogurt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces butter
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and baking soda. Mix on low speed until combined. Add margarine or shortening and mix until mixture looks sandy. With the mixer running on low, slowly add the molasses and yogurt. Continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
2. Remove dough from bowl, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for several hours or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick coating. Roll chilled dough out on floured work surface to a thickness of 1/2-inch. Cut as desired with sharp cutter. Place on prepared baking sheets, leaving one inch between cookies.
4. Bake approximately 12 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven, let cool 5 minutes then remove to a rack to cool completely.