Oaxacan Hot Chocolate with Cayenne
- Total Time: 6 mins
- Hands-on Time: 2 mins
- Makes: 1 servings
Kick up the heat with this spicy Oaxacan hot chocolate made with almond milk, sweetened with honey and a well balanced with a warm medley of organic spices.
- 2 tablespoons Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Non-Alkalized Cocoa Powder 1 lb
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract 2 fl. oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Ground Ceylon Cinnamon 1.76 oz.
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Fine Sea Salt 7 oz.
- 1 Frontier Organic 2 3/4" Korintje Cinnamon Sticks 1.28 oz.
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper 1.70 oz.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons honey
1. Combine milk and chocolate chips, then heat in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes on high or on the stovetop until they reach a boil. Stir frequently to avoid burning the chocolate.
2. Pour heated milk and chocolate into a blender, then add cocoa powder, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, cayenne and salt. Blend on high for 10 seconds, then on low for 5 seconds.
3. Pour drink into mug and garnish with cinnamon stick and a sprinkle of cayenne. Enjoy immediately.