- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 15 servings
These old-fashioned gingerbread bars offer the same nostalgic flavor as gingerbread cookies without cookie cut-outs. Featuring sweet-spicy ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves with a dollop of honey and molasses, this bread is best when served warm with vanilla yogurt.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Baking Soda Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Ground Ginger Root
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Allspice Powder
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light molasses
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces butter softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 11"x7” rectangular baking dish.
2. In medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt and spices. With an electric mixer, beat together the butter, molasses, honey, soy milk and eggs.
3. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients just until blended. Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven until tester inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs sticking to it, approximately 35 to 45 minutes. Cool on rack 5 to 10 minutes.