Onion and Barley Soup with Kale
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Hands-on Time: 5 mins
Vegetable broth powder and the concentrated seasonings found in Onion Soup and Dip mix are a shortcut to intense flavor for this updated version of Onion and Barley Soup.
- 1/4 cup Frontier Organic Onion Soup & Dip Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Frontier Low Sodium Vegetable Flavored Broth Powder
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup pearled barley
- 2 cups kale, shredded
1. In a stockpot over medium-high heat, bring water and vegetable broth powder to a boil. Add dip mix and whisk until well combined.
2. Stir in barley, bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and let cook about 45 to 50 minutes, until barley is tender and soup is slightly creamy.
3. Add kale, cover and let cook for another 5 to 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.