Parma Rosa Sauce with Pasta
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 8 servings
Here’s a classic pasta sauce that’s essentially a combination of two great sauces — marinara and Alfredo. This kid-friendly dish is easy and delicious, and adults will love it too!
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Parsley Leaf Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Oregano Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Thyme Leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Himalayan Pink Salt Grinder
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh plum tomatoes (or your favorite other red variety), diced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces pasta, prepared per package directions
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the tomatoes, salt, garlic granules and black pepper, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes (or until the tomatoes are soft).
2. Remove from heat and slowly stir in cream, then add the herbs and sugar. Cook sauce over low heat, and stir in Parmesan cheese until melted and blended. Simmer sauce for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Toss with your favorite cooked pasta and enjoy!