Pasta with Pumpkin and Sausage Gravy
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 6 servings
A fabulous dinner idea that kids are sure to love
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Chili Powder Seasoning Blend
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1 pinch Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Frontier Organic Black Peppercorns
- 4 teaspoons Frontier Organic Garlic Granules
- 1 Frontier Organic Bay Leaf
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Ground Sage Leaf
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 pound hot Italian turkey sausage
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 pound penne rigate, cooked
- 1/2 cup heavy ceam
Heat pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil; cook sausage. Remove from pan to drain on paper towels.
Add 1 tablespoon oil, sauté onion and garlic 3-5 minutes, until tender. Add bay leaf, sage and wine. Cook to reduce wine by half, about 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, water and pumpkin; stir to combine. Continue stirring until sauce bubbles.
Return sausage to pan, reduce heat, add cream. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Serve over cooked pasta.