Peppery Crab Cakes
- Total Time: 22 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 6 servings
A Maryland classic, crab cakes are chock-full of succulent crab meat, bread crumbs and the perfect seasonings -- and this peppery recipe is no exception. Serve crab cakes on their own or with a creamy sauce. Add chopped vegetables to your crab cakes for a meal in one dish.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Parsley Leaf Flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Pepper Fusion Black Pepper with Cayenne Grinder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound jump lump crabmeat
- 1 1/3 cups fine bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Combine lemon juice, sea salt, parsley, mustard, eggs, mayonnaise and Pepper Fusion in a large bowl until incorporated.
2. Stir in crab meat, and then add in breadcrumbs.
3. Form into palm-sized patties and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Chill in the refrigerator for one hour, covered.
4. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Place crabcakes in pan, in batches so the pan is not overcrowded, and cook on each side until golden brown (about 3 minutes per side).