Peruvian Ceviche with Smoked Paprika
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Try this refreshing homemade Peruvian ceviche recipe made with fresh halibut and given a kick of flair from organic cumin, cayenne and smoked paprika.
- 3/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cumin Seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Smoked Ground Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Fine Sea Salt
- 1 pound sushi-grade halibut, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups lime juice
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Place halibut in a glass or stainless steel mixing bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pour in lime juice (fish should be submerged). Stir well, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours, stirring occasionally, until fish is completely white and cooked through.
2. Strain halibut, discarding lime juice. Place in a serving bowl and add cumin, cayenne, smoked paprika and salt. Toss until thoroughly coated. Taste for flavor and add more spices and/or salt, if desired.
3. Add tomato, avocado, red onion, jalapeño and cilantro and toss gently until well combined. Serve as is or with toasted bread.