Poppy Seed Muffins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 16 servings
Crunchy yet light and tangy yet sweet, these muffins are perfect for breakfast, brunch -- or anytime! Poppy seed is the star of this recipe, but tart orange peel, nutty pecans and organic nutmeg all meld into the flavor.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Orange Peel Granules
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 5 teaspoons Frontier Organic Whole Poppy Seed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cream sugar, butter and orange peel. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in nuts and poppy seeds.
3. Spoon batter into greased muffin tins until about 3/4 full. Bake about 20 minutes.