Portobello Eggs Benedict with Avocado Sauce
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 2 servings
A fun take on eggs benedict using an easy avocado parsley sauce that smothers smoked ham and grilled mushrooms.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Fine Sea Salt 7 oz.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Parsley Leaf Flakes 0.24 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper 1.80 oz.
- Pinch Frontier Crushed Red Chili Peppers 1.20 oz.
- 2 Portobello mushrooms, washed and stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 1/2-inch thick triangles smoked ham
- 2 eggs, poached
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
1. Preheat a grill pan or large skillet.
2. Brush Portobello mushrooms with olive oil, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and place in grill pan along with ham. Cook, turning once, for 5 to 6 minutes, until mushrooms are tender and ham is heated through.
3. While mushrooms are cooking, make avocado sauce. In a blender, combine avocado, parsley, black pepper, lemon juice, yogurt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and water. Puree until smooth.
4. Place cooked mushrooms on plates and top each with 2 slices ham, 1 poached egg, a few spoonfuls avocado sauce and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.