Potato Pizza Casserole
- Total Time: 1 hours
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 10 servings
This potato-layered pizza casserole takes an unique approach to Italian cuisine. In lieu of bread, potatoes are used as a binding agent to hold all of the cheesy and veggie-packed goodness inside. For a meat version, add cooked sausage, chicken, chorizo or your favorite pizza toppings.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Pizza Seasoning Blend
- 2 cups diced potatoes, divided
- 4 ounces chopped mushrooms, divided
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 15 ounces tomato sauce, no salt added
1. Soak potatoes overnight in 3 cups water.
2. Spread half potatoes on bottom of baking dish. Layer with half mushrooms and all of the cheddar cheese. Sprinkle half of the Pizza Seasoning on top. Repeat with remaining potatoes, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Pour on tomato sauce. Spread sauce evenly over top, and sprinkle with remaining Pizza Seasoning.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.