Pumpkin Sausage Gravy Over English Muffins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 8 servings
A down-home Southern breakfast with a farm-fresh twist
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1 pinch Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Frontier Organic Black Peppercorns
- 8 English muffins
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage
- 1/4 cup pumpkin, canned
- 3 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
Over medium-high heat cook sausage. Remove from pan and place on paper towels to drain.
Place red onion in pan and sauté 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add butter and melt. Add flour to pan and whisk; cook about 3 minutes. Turn off heat. Add milk (1/4 cup at a time), whisking.
Return to medium high heat; add pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Whisk occasionally while gravy comes to a simmer and begins to thicken.
Return sausage to gravy pan. Stir to combine. Serve over toasted English muffin cut into 1/2-inch pieces.