Quinoa Avocado Salad with Aji Verde Dressing
- Makes: 4 servings
A wholesome quinoa avocado salad recipe topped with tomatoes, scallions, almonds and a zesty Peruvian aji verde dressing.
- 3/8 teaspoons Frontier Coarse Sea Salt 5 lb.
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder 2.33 oz.
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Ground Cumin Seed 1.87 oz.
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper 1.76 oz.
- 3 small corn tortillas, quartered
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 small jalapeños, seeded
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1 scallion, chopped + 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon aji amarillo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 ounces panela cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cooked red quinoa, chilled
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl, place tortilla quarters and toss with vegetable oil. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle evenly with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, until crisp and golden.
3. In a food processor or blender, combine jalapeños, cilantro, chopped scallions, aji amarillo sauce, lime juice, yogurt, cheese, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne and remaining 1/4 salt. Pulse until a paste forms. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while continuing to pulse the processor until the mixture takes the form of a smooth dressing.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine quinoa, tomatoes and sliced scallions. Toss until well combined.
5. Arrange the avocado slices on top, garnish with chopped almonds and drizzle with the aji dressing. Serve chilled or at room temperature.