Raspberry Vanilla Bean Chia Seed Jam
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 5 mins
- Makes: 1 servings
When liquid is added to chia seeds, they swell up and create a gel -- making them a perfect "superfood" substitute for pectin in chia seed jam. Used in this recipe with sweet raspberries and rich vanilla bean, chia also adds to the substantial texture desired in fruit jam.
1. If using frozen raspberries, thaw them for 2 hours in a glass jar on the counter or overnight in the fridge.
2. Mash the raspberries with a fork. If using fresh berries, add 1/4 cup water.
3. Heat the raspberries in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Remove from heat and stir in chia seed, honey and vanilla beans. Let cool.
5. Transfer to a glass jar or other airtight container and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours to set.
Yields Approx. 5 ounces