Red Jalapeño Hot Sauce with Cayenne
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 1 cup servings
Make your own homemade hot sauce with this simple recipe starring red jalapeño peppers and organic cayenne.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Garlic Granules 2.70 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper 1.70 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Coarse Sea Salt 5 lb.
- 1 pound red jalapeño peppers, seeded and roughly chopped (wearing gloves)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a roasting pan, combine red jalapeño peppers, onion, olive oil, garlic granules and cayenne pepper. Roast for 40 to 50 minutes, until peppers are tender and starting to blister.
2. Remove from oven and immediately add apple cider vinegar. Let mixture cool slightly, then transfer to blender.
3. Add water and salt, then puree until smooth. Add more water until desired consistency is achieved. If sauce isn’t smooth, run through a sieve before using. Taste and add more cayenne to increase heat, if desired.
Substitute any other red chili peppers for the red jalapeño peppers if desired.