Regal Chocolate Cake
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 14 servings
Chocolate layer cake-an excellent Valentine's Day treat! For a simple yet elegant finish, top with a single red rose.
- 1 1/2 cups Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Chili Powder Seasoning Blend
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 1/4 cups sifted flour
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar together thoroughly. Add beaten eggs.
3. In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
4. Combine milk and vanilla in a small bowl.
5. Alternately add milk mixture and sifted dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Beat for two minutes. Add melted chocolate and blend until evenly distributed.
6. Pour into two greased 9-inch cake pans. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.