- Total Time: 55 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 6 servings
Irresistible dinner roll-ups using lasagna noodles and ricotta cheese.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Parsley Leaf Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced in 1-inch strips
- 1 can (32-ounces) whole tomatoes
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 24 ounces lasagna noodles
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 30 ounces ricotta cheese
- 24 large black olives, sliced
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
3. To prepare filling Sauté onions and mushrooms in olive oil. In a large bowl, combine sautéed onions and mushrooms with ricotta cheese, olives, egg yolks, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, and nutmeg. Stir well and set aside.
4. To prepare sauce Combine sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour sauce to cover bottom of a 9x9-inch baking dish.
5. Spread lasagna noodles on clean work surface. Spread evenly and thinly with filling. Lay strips of mozzarella cheese down the centers of noodles.
6. Roll up each lasagna noodle (as you would a jelly roll) and place, standing upright, in the pan of sauce. Pour half of remaining sauce into pan. Sprinkle with parsley.
7. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve with remaining tomato sauce.