Roasted Chicken with Dried Cherries, Capers and Chilies
- Total Time: 1 hours 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 8 servings
A uniquely elegant and well-balanced combination of sweet, savory and spicy, this recipe makes a great entrée for a dinner party. Roasted chicken pairs beautifully with the sweetness of dried cherries, the spiciness of chilies and bold flavor of capers.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cumin Seed
- 1 Frontier Organic 2 3/4" Korintje Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 1/2 cups Frontier Chili Powder Seasoning Blend
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- 2 teaspoons extra-vigin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 to 2 hot chile peppers, seeded and diced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine the paprika, salt, and black pepper. Place the chicken in a large shallow roasting pan. Brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil and sprinkle with the paprika mix.
3. Roast for 45 minutes, or until thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 180 degrees and the juices run clear.
4. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the broth, cherries, capers, honey, cumin, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the cherries are plump and the sauce has thickened. Stir in the chile peppers.
5. When the chicken is cooked, for extra flavor, if desired, drain off the pan juices and stir them into the cherry sauce. Remove and discard the cinnamon stick before serving.
6. Place the chicken on a serving platter and top with the sauce.