Roasted Tomato Sauce
- Total Time: 1 hours 45 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
This spicy tomato sauce features roasted tomatoes and virgin olive oil as the base. Compared to the canned varieties, this made-from-scratch sauce has a rich, smoky taste that takes pasta and other Italian fare to the next level.
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoons Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Thyme Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sitfed Sweet Basil Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Crushed Red Chili Peppers
- 4 pounds ripe tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Place oven rack in center position and preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Spread a thin layer of olive oil over sheet pan. Place tomatoes, cut side down, on oiled sheet pan. Drizzle remaining olive oil over tomatoes and salt lightly. Roast tomatoes in preheated oven 1 1/2 hours or until medium-brown.
3. Remove tomatoes from oven and place in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until almost entirely smooth and add the garlic granules, pepper, thyme, basil, and chili flakes. Process until combined. Adjust seasoning and serve hot over freshly cooked pasta.