Rosemary Saffron Cornbread
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 14 servings
The clean taste of rosemary and the lovely color of saffron define this light cornbread.
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Saffron
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Baking Soda Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Rosemary Leaf
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons melted butter, cooled to warm
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place the saffron in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon hot water. Set aside.
3. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and set aside. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain the saffron and add to the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the well in the dry ingredients and stir until the mixture is just moistened throughout.
4. Spread evenly in a greased, 9-inch square baking pan and bake until bread tests done, about 25 minutes.