Rosemary Sweet Potato Risotto
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 5 servings
Pair minty-sweet rosemary with wholesome sweet potato in this creamy, vibrantly colored risotto.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Whole Rosemary Leaf
- 1 pinch Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots (about 1/3 cup), minced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups peeled and shredded sweet potatoes
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce shredded white cheddar cheese
1. In a pot, combine the vegetable broth and crumbled rosemary. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Keep warm while making the risotto.
2. In a skillet with high sides, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the shallots to the hot pan; cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the rice and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until the rice turns slightly translucent and begins to brown.
3. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the white wine. Stir and cook rice until the white wine is mostly absorbed, then add ½ cup of the heated vegetable broth. Continue to stir, occasionally adding the vegetable broth, 1/2 cup at a time. Repeat this until the rice is nearly tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
4. Stir in shredded sweet potatoes and continue to add vegetable broth. Cook until sweet potatoes are tender and liquid is fully absorbed, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan and cheddar cheeses. Add sea salt to taste.
Note Depending on cook top, more or less liquid may be needed. After adding sweet potatoes, taste and add more liquid as needed to make rice tender.