Scalloped Potatoes with Roasted Red Peppers
- Total Time: 1 hours 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 5 servings
Add depth to creamy scalloped potatoes with roasted red peppers and a hint of warm, sweet nutmeg in this gluten-free recipe.
- 1 Frontier Organic Bay Leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pound Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 ounce shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and have a 2-quart casserole ready.
2. In a saucepan, combine heavy cream, minced garlic, bay leaf, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer, just until cream is hot. Remove from heat and take out bay leaf. Cut cream cheese into small pieces and add to the hot cream mixture. Stir until cream cheese is melted.
3. In a large bowl, combine the sliced potatoes, 1/2-ounce Asiago cheese, and chives. Layer 1/3 of the potatoes into the casserole dish, sprinkle with half of the roasted red peppers, and cover with one-third of the cream. Repeat once more, then finish the casserole with remaining third of the potatoes and heavy cream. Finish by sprinkling with 1 ounce of the Asiago cheese.
4. Cover the potatoes with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. After that time, remove the foil and let cook for another 10 to 15 minutes for a crispy top crust. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.