Scandinavian Spice Cookies
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 12 servings
The subtly sweet flavor of this cookie lends itself well to the addition of spices. Here are two variations, but you get the idea; use the basic recipe as a backdrop for your favorite flavors.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Decorticated Cardamom Seed Powder
- 1 dash Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Almond Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cardamom, and salt. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Stir in the almond extract.
2. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well. Form into a ball and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or more.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Form the dough into one-inch balls and roll in sugar.
4. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with a cookie stamp (or the back of a fork if you don’t have a stamp). Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.