Seared Scallops with Spiced Lemon Butter
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
These seared scallops in a simple lemon butter sauce make a beautiful and quick dinner. The red pepper flakes add a delicate kick to the sauce.
- 3/8 teaspoons Frontier Fine Sea Salt 7 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Fine Grind Black Pepper 1.80 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder 2.33 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Crushed Red Chili Peppers 1.20 oz.
- 1 pound large dry scallops, rinsed and muscles removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Fresh parsley, minced for serving
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper over scallops. In a 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Place scallops, seasoned side down, in pan and cook for about 4 to 6 minutes, flipping halfway through, until scallops are lightly browned and firm. Remove scallops from pan and let cool.
2. In heated pan, combine lemon juice and remaining 4 tablespoons butter. Once butter is melted, add lemon zest, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and a small pinch of salt.
3. Transfer scallops back to pan and lightly coat with spiced lemon butter. Taste and add more red pepper flakes if desired. Serve with a drizzle of butter sauce and a sprinkle of parsley.