Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
- Makes: 8 servings
This homemade slow cooker chicken curry dish features Thai flavor in a robust red curry sauce with just the right amount of heat and sweet.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Turmeric Root
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Coriander Seed
- 2 cups Frontier Organic No-Chicken Broth Powder
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 Yukon gold potato, diced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grape seed oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups red curry sauce
- 1/8 cup scallions, chopped
1. Make the basic red curry sauce. Remove from heat and pour into your slow cooker.
2. Heat the grape seed oil in a skillet over very high heat. Once hot, brown the chicken pieces for about 30 seconds per side. Transfer browned chicken pieces to the slow cooker.
3. Stir in the turmeric, coriander, fish sauce, sugar and low sodium chicken broth.
4. Cook on high for 2 hours, or low for 5 hours.
5. Add the bell pepper, carrots and potatoes. Cook another 30 minutes on high, or for an hour on low.
6. Serve over jasmine rice with lime wedges for squeezing. Garnish with cilantro and scallions.