Smoked Gouda Lobster Macaroni and Cheese
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 5 servings
Indulgent comfort food reaches its peak in this homemade smoked gouda lobster macaroni and cheese recipe.
- 3 teaspoons Frontier Organic Original Seafood Seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 5 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini (or other pasta)
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups 1% milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, grated
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 ounces raw lobster tail meat, cut into pieces (thaw if frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, 1 teaspoon Seafood Seasoning and bread crumbs. Set aside.
3. Add rotini to the boiling water and cook until al dente, according to package directions. Drain pasta and reserve.
4. In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter and add flour. Cook over medium heat, whisking, 3 to 4 minutes, until golden.
5. Gradually add milk to flour mixture, whisking. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly, then reduce heat to low.
6. Add the heavy cream, lemon juice, sour cream, Gouda cheese, cheddar cheese and 2 teaspoons Seafood Seasoning, stirring until cheeses are melted and sauce is smooth.
7. Spray a 9x9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and place cooked pasta and lobster in pan. Pour cheese sauce into pan and mix everything together.
8. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture on top of macaroni and cheese, and then bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and the breadcrumbs are browned. Sprinkle final dish with black pepper.