Smoky Chicken Paprikash
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
This healthier version of a Hungarian classic dish is loaded with vegetables and features our smoked paprika.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Whole Flax Seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Granules
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Smoked Ground Paprika
- 1/2 cup Frontier Organic Tomato Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Medium Grind Applewood Smoked Sea Salt
- 2 8-ounce chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and spray a 11x7-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Combine ground flax seed, flour, salt, cayenne, black pepper, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika and garlic granules in a small bowl.
3. Dredge chicken pieces in dry mixture and place in non-stick pan. Surround chicken breasts with onion, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms and tomato. Pour chicken broth over chicken and vegetables, then evenly sprinkle vegetables and chicken with remaining smoked paprika.
4. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until done. (Chicken’s internal temperature should be at least 165 degrees when done.)
5. Combine yogurt and lemon juice in a saucepan. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and ½ cup liquid mixture from baking dish. Stir into yogurt and lemon juice and cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour yogurt sauce over chicken and vegetables.