Spiced Applesauce Cookies
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
Applesauce makes a sweet and moist cookie that has almost a muffin consistency. Spiced with vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and a touch of honey, these spiced cookies make a perfect snack or Christmas cookie. For added crunch, toss crushed walnuts into the batter.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Baking Soda Powder
- Optional Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using electric mixer, cream together the margarine and honey. Add the applesauce, egg and vanilla and beat well.
3. In a medium bowl combine the flour, spices, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the margarine mixture and mix well. Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet and sprinkle with natural cane sugar, if desired.
4. Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool on rack.