Spiced Cider Cocktail with Cinnamon
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 6 servings
Organic cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and star anise make quick work of this simple cocktail recipe. Use fresh, organic apple cider if possible!
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cloves
- 6 Frontier Select Grade Whole Star Anise
- 6 Frontier Organic 2 3/4" Korintje Cinnamon Sticks
- 6 cups apple cider
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 6 apple slices, for garnish
- 6 fluid ounces rum
1. In a 3-quart or larger saucepan over medium heat, combine apple cider, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. Heat, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes, until the liquid begins to steam.
2. In each mug, place an apple slice, a star anise and a cinnamon stick.
3. Ladle 1 cup cider into each mug, top with 1 fluid ounce rum, then serve hot.