- Total Time: 17 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 12 servings
A delicious blend of spices, nuts and seeds sure to delight all
- 1/4 cup Frontier Organic Whole Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cumin Seed Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Coriander Seed
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper
- 2/3 cup shelled pecans
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon light or dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
Toast nuts and seeds in a dry sauté pan; set aside.
Mix all spice mix ingredients together in a bowl; set aside.
Bring water, butter and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Pour over nuts and seeds, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until well coated. Transfer nuts and seeds to the spice mixture bowl and toss to coat with spices. Spread on parchment paper to cool.