Spiced Pumpkin Cookies
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 24 servings
This recipe also works well with cooked and puréed squash or sweet potatoes in place of the pumpkin. Frost with cream cheese frosting, if you like.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Baking Soda Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 2/3 cup Frontier Organic Maple Syrup Granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked and puréed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. In another bowl, cream butter and maple syrup together. Beat in the egg, pumpkin purée, and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients and blend. Stir in the raisins.
2. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees until lightly browned, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Quick Cream Cheese Frosting Beat together 1 package (8-ounce) of softened cream cheese with 2 tablespoons honey, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.