Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Cake Roll with Maple Cream Cheese Swirl
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 12 servings
A nostalgic autumn dessert, pumpkin rolls offer a tantalizing aroma and beautiful presentation. This swirled pumpkin roll recipe features crunchy pecans and a sweet maple cream cheese filling. Serve chilled or place in freezer to prolong its freshness.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Allspice Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Ginger Root
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 cup Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Maple Flavor
- 1 dash Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 6 teaspoons chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- extra powdered sugar for dusting linen towel (3 tablespoons) and cake (1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 15x10x1-inch baking pan (jelly roll pan) with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper evenly with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt into a large bowl.
3 In another large bowl, beat eggs on medium-high for 2 minutes. Gradually add in sugar until thickened, then add pumpkin and vanilla until well combined. Fold in sifted dry mixture and chopped pecans until just incorporated.
4. Pour batter and spread evenly into lined pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until cake lightly springs back when touched in the center and a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
5. Remove pan from oven, and immediately flip cake onto a linen towel dusted with about 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar. Peel off parchment paper and roll cake up into towel, starting with the short side. After cake is rolled into a spiral, place on a cooling rack until room temperature (about 1 hour).
For the Filling
1. Beat cream cheese, maple flavor, and butter until smooth. Gradually add in powdered sugar, beating until fluffy.
2. Once cake is cooled, gently unroll and spread maple pecan cream cheese filling evenly on the inside of the cake. Roll cake back into spiral shape, then dust with about 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar, using a sifter. Evenly sprinkle cake with ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
3. Cut into 1-inch slices and serve. If you are not serving immediately, stored covered in a refrigerator.