Spiced Vegan Carrot Zucchini Bread with Vanilla Glaze
- Total Time: 1 hours 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 1 servings
Homemade carrot zucchini bread goes vegan in this simple recipe that's well spiced with organic, ethically sourced spices.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Aluminum-Free Baking Powder 1 lb
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Baking Soda Powder 1 lb
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Ground Ceylon Cinnamon 1.76 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg 1.90 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cloves 1.90 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Fine Sea Salt 7 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract 2 fl. oz.
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons chickpea juice
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons milk or cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line with parchment paper a 8.5-inch wide x 2.75-inch deep loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine brown rice flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and salt. Stir until well combined.
3. In another large bowl, whisk together olive oil, maple syrup and chickpea juice until well combined. Whisk dry ingredients into wet, 1/3 at a time until no dry streaks remain.
4. In a colander, combine shredded zucchini and carrot. Use a paper towel to fully squeeze all the liquid out, then whisk carrot and zucchini into batter.
5. Spread into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean. You may need to bake a little longer depending on the moisture in the vegetables. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then lift out and let finish cooling on a wire rack.
6. When bread is completely cool, whisk together powdered sugar, milk or cream and a pinch of salt until the mixture is completely smooth. If needed, add a little more liquid in increments of a teaspoon until you reach the desired consistency.
7. Spread glaze on cooled bread and enjoy!