Spicy Apple Raisin Cake
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 20 servings
This dense, moist raisin cinnamon apple cake is sweet enough to be served as a dessert, for brunch or for a morning treat. Try topping with ice cream, whipped cream or cinnamon-baked apples for a decadent delight.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Baking Soda Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Allspice Powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Ginger Root
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract
- 2 sticks butter, softened or soy margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups applesauce
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10x13 inch pan.
In large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating well after each. Stir in applesauce and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and spices. Add raisins and blend well. Add to batter. Mix.
Pour batter into pan and bake 45 to 55 minutes or until firm. Cool completely.