Spicy Pita Chips
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
These homemade wedges make dipping irresistible. You can make them well ahead of time and store, once cooled, in a covered container.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Thyme Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Poppy Seed
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Oregano Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 3 teaspoons Frontier Organic Whole Hulled Sesame Seed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 slices pita bread (make or buy a variety that will open into pockets)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Slice the pita bread in half, and then slice it open, so it lies flat. Combine remaining ingredients and brush on cut sides of the pita. Cut the pita in wedges. Place the wedges, cut sides up, on a baking sheet and bake until lightly browned and crisp. Remove from the sheet to cool.