- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Stuffing baked or grilled chicken is a wonderful way to sneak in veggies or add a boost of savory flavor. In this recipe, spinach and cheese form the stuffing, seasoned with Frontier's Salt-Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning and a dash of nutmeg. Stuff, wrap, bake and serve with spaghetti sauce for a low-carb version of chicken Parmesan.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Salt-Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 1 package (5-ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 pound)
- 3/4 cup low-sodium spaghetti sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together spinach, ricotta cheese, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, 1½ teaspoons Seasoning, and nutmeg.
3. Using a sharp knife, cut a large cavity in each chicken breast (but be careful not to cut all the way through!). Rub remaining Seasoning on the outside of chicken breasts, then spoon spinach mixture into each breast. Close cavities with toothpicks, so that the filling does not leak out during cooking.
4. Place chicken breasts in a large, glass baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Evenly coat chicken breasts with spaghetti sauce, and then sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan on top of sauce. Bake an additional 5 minutes, until cheese on top is melted.