Spinach and Swiss Quiche
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 8 servings
This breakfast classic is sure to be a crowd pleaser. The heat from the cayenne and sweetness from the pepper balance wonderfully with the spinach and eggs. This recipe is easy to prepare and is perfect for your next family brunch!
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Alder Smoked Salt Grinder
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry, single crust
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package (10-ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (use tops & bulbs)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 whole eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup 2% fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat shredded Swiss cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Line a 9-inch pie pan with the pastry crust. Bake for 10 minutes, until slightly golden. Remove crust from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
3. Cook the spinach per the package directions, then drain well.
4. In medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the green onions and red pepper and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
5. In a large mixing bowl, stir together eggs, egg whites, milk, cottage cheese, Swiss cheese, paprika, cayenne, black pepper, nutmeg and smoked salt until combined.
6. Evenly cover the pie crust with spinach and green onions and red pepper mixture. Then pour egg mixture over vegetables.
7. Bake quiche for 35 to 45 minutes, until mixture is set and top is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.