Spirulina Green Guacamole
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 16 servings
Boost the nutrition and deep green color of creamy avocados with the addition of spirulina in this fresh guacamole recipe. Earthy cumin, fragrant Mexican oregano and spicy crushed red pepper flakes balance spirulina's strong flavor, making this recipe an easy way to incorporate this popular supplement into your diet.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt 5 lb
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Crushed Red Chili Peppers 1.20 oz.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Spirulina Powder 8 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cumin Seed 1.76 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Cut & Sifted Mexican Oregano Leaf 1 lb
- 2 avocados, pitted and diced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- Additional avocado slices, for garnish
*Note If you aren’t accustomed to spirulina’s strong, grassy, sea flavor, start with 1/2 teaspoon and add more to taste. Pictured as prepared with 2 tablespoons.
1. Mash avocados lightly in a bowl with lemon, lime juice and salt.
2. Mix in 1/2 teaspoon spirulina, onion, garlic, cumin, Mexican oregano and pepper flakes. Taste and add more spirulina as desired (see note).
3. Gently fold in chopped tomato.
4. Garnish with additional fresh avocado slices. Serve immediately with tortilla chips or as a condiment for tacos, burritos and sandwiches.