Superfood Caramel Popcorn
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Satisfy your sweet tooth without breaking your healthy eating resolution! This popcorn is full of superfoods like flax, goji berries and almonds.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Whole Flax Seed
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Maple Syrup Granules
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Frontier Whole Goji Berries (Gou Qi Zi)
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered or coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut, flaked or shredded
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons water
- 10 cups freshly popped popcorn
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees and coat a large baking sheet with butter.
2. Toss popcorn with flax seeds, raisins, goji berries, almonds and coconut, set aside.
3. Combine brown sugar, Snappy Sugar, maple syrup granules, salt, butter and water in a saucepan. Working quickly, heat the mixture over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until fully dissolved and bubbly.
4. Drizzle hot caramel sauce over popcorn mixture, toss and spread on baking sheet.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, tossing and stirring every 10 minutes until caramel is set and shiny. Turn out onto parchment paper to cool.