Sweet Potato Pea Soup
- Total Time: 1 hours 50 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Give standard split pea soup more delectable flavor and stunning visual appeal with vegetable broth powder, sweet marjoram and thyme.
- 4 teaspoons Frontier Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Flavored Broth Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Marjoram Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Thyme Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1 Frontier Organic Bay Leaf
- 1 1/2 cups dry split peas, rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt, for garnish
1. In a medium pot, combine water, split peas, vegetable broth powder and spices. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and, stirring occasionally, cook about 60 to 90 minutes, until peas are tender.
2. Stir in sweet potatoes and remove bay leaf. Heat until potatoes are warm.
3. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt and serve hot.